*I AM RETIRED FROM MODELING!!* I enjoy making YouTube videos more, and that’s my focus these days. But I do know many active models in Vegas, and can refer you to someone if needed.
Info about shooting nude photos around Vegas:
Photographers traveling to Vegas usually want to do one of two shoot types: in-room at the hotel, or out in the desert on location. Both types of shoots have their advantages.
Shooting in a hotel room might sound boring, but it’s most convenient for both model and photographer. Because most Vegas hotels have excellent security, as a model I feel pretty safe shooting in a room, so I’m likely to be more comfortable and creative.
A few tips on hotel rooms; I’ve shot in almost every single Vegas hotel, and my personal recommendations are:
- Cosmopolitan suite (if you can get one with a Strip-facing balcony, you can get awesome shots at night). The suites themselves are full of funky knick-knacks and artsy furnishings which come in useful as props, and there are a lot of cool patterns and textures on the walls. Palms Place suites are similarly futuristic and very cool, also with balconies and natural light.
- Suites at Bellagio, MGM, Venetian and Mandalay are also nice, if not somewhat bland.
- The Aria Sky Suites have AMAZING natural light and ultramodern decor.
- Rooms at Vdara also have lots of natural light, and very sleek modern interiors.
- If shooting at Mandalay Bay or The Delano, get a room with a view of the opposite tower. Because both towers are gold-plated, they act as giant reflectors and the rooms are suffused with warm, flattering light during golden hour. The penthouse at the Delano is a GREAT place to shoot.
- The Flamingo’s GO Suites are funky, retro and visually very interesting…for a reasonable price!
- Also funky, retro and affordable are the Cabana Suites, downtown at the El Cortez. Not much natural light, though.
- Rooms at the Wynn and Encore have huge floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing for lots of
natural light. You can’t see much of the Strip from down there, though.
- The Artisan is a fun, super-ultra-funky boutique hotel… but in my experience, the lobby and bar area are the only really cool places to shoot. The rooms themselves are kinda blah (it used to be a Travelodge, and you can totally tell…they basically slapped on black paint and added a few paintings). Not recommended.
- If a grungy vibe is what you’re after, there are plenty of busted-up crack motels in downtown Vegas. Allow me to steer you in the direction of the most photogenic ones 🙂
To be honest, if you’re a good photographer then it doesn’t matter where you stay. I’ve gotten great shots at the freaking Monte Carlo!!
ON LOCATION a/k/a IN THE DESERT:
The other type of shooting is location…a/k/a out in the desert! This is much more fun, but also more time-consuming. Many visiting photographers seem to think there are ghost towns and abandoned motels right on the edge of town…but this is not the case! If you want to shoot somewhere really cool, you have to drive AT LEAST an hour outside the stucco sprawl of Vegas.
Here’s the skinny on location shooting around Vegas.
- Detailed ghost town info here
- There are no “ghost towns” closer than 2 hours from Vegas. You can shoot at Nelson (http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/nv/nelson.html), which is a fake ghost town stocked with rusty antiques and bric-a-brac about an hour from the Strip, but you’ll have to pay for the privilege and there are usually a lot of nosy tourists and other photographers around, precluding any nude shots. I’m not even sure they allow nude shooting out there.
- Rhyolite, in eastern Death Valley, is another popular spot that is almost always packed with tourists, making it difficult/impossible to shoot nudes. I do not recommend shooting nudes at either of these places.
- Delamar ghost town is remote and relatively unspoiled, with lots of crumbling stone foundations, and only about 2 hours from Vegas. But high
clearance and 4WD are required to reach the site.
- My personal pick for a ghost town location is Gold Point…3 hours north of Vegas, but totally worth the drive. Tons of rusted cars and machinery, plus many wooden buildings and old-timey stuff. You can even rent a cabin here and stay the night…and there’s a fully-functioning saloon! For more info about a shoot I did there, click here.
- Most of the other ghost towns/abandoned shacks and stuff I know of are all at least 2 hours out of Vegas, in the middle of NOWHERE.
But for those who hire me for a shoot, I do know of two spots within an hour of Vegas, and will gladly take you there 🙂 One is an abandoned silver mine, and the other is a little ghost town of abandoned stone cabins and rusty old junk. Both sites are accessible by any car.
DRY LAKE BEDS/PLAYAS:
- Detailed dry lake info here
- The dry lake beds/playas are all about 45min-1 hour outside Vegas. The closest one, El Dorado outside Boulder City, is only 30 minutes from the Strip…but as a result, it’s pretty marked up from dumbass rednecks coming out after it rains and doing donuts in their trucks. You can still get good shots here, though.
- Apex playa (45 minutes to the north) is relatively unspoiled, and is on the way to Valley of Fire, if you’re planning to shoot there (not advised; see below).
- Jean dry lake, about 45 minutes to the south, is probably the second most popular playa for photographers.
- The most pristine lakebed I’ve ever been to was the Racetrack playa in Death Valley, which is really hard to get to (4WD and high clearance advised) and thus impractical for most shoots. But it’s OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING, and I am more than happy to travel there with you, if that’s what you want!
- Almost as pristine is the Delamar lake bed, about 2 hours from Vegas, near the ghost town of the same name…but again, the access road is pretty burly and 4-wheel drive is advisable to reach it.
- Whichever playa you choose, you can get really cool, dramatic photos…just be sure to go super early/late in the day, when the light isn’t so harsh (there is NO shade out there, and lighting can be tricky).
- Also note, you can camp out for free on any of these lake beds. Just remember to clean up after yourself, please!
- For red rocks/red caves and that kinda stuff, DON’T go to Red Rock National Conservation Area, unless you want to drown in Chinese tourists and fanny-packers. Shooting nudes here is nigh on impossible (unless you hike waaaaay back into a canyon…and who wants to lug all that camera equipment that far?).
- If you insist on shooting at Red Rock NCA, I do know one area just outside the park that is fairly low-key….but you will encounter hikers and gawkers, FYI.
- Shooting at Valley of Fire State Park, while extremely beautiful and dramatic, is also not recommended — the ranger is a real hardass and I’ve been kicked out by him before. I have done a few shoots out there without incident, but these required hiking back into the brush pretty far…and you still run the risk of being ticketed. I can’t stress enough what a dick this ranger is! Be advised!
- Detailed info here
- There are no real sand dunes within 2 hours of Vegas.
- My favorite dunes are about 2 hours to the south, in Kelso, CA — in the Mojave National Preserve. These dunes are closed to offroad traffic, so there are no sand rails, Jeeps, dune buggies, ATVs, quads, dirt bikes or other redneckery to bother you. You can drive right out to the trailhead in any car (no high clearance/4WD necessary), then hike up a 1/4 mile trail to the base of the dunefield. You can also camp out for free here, and it’s amazing! More info here.
- Big Dune is another good place to shoot, about 2 hours northwest of Vegas…but these dunes are open to redneck traffic, so be advised. More info here.
- The Mesquite Dunes near Stovepipe Wells in Death Valley, about 2.5 hours from Vegas, are amazing to shoot at. There is a motel nearby in Stovepipe Wells, or you can pay to camp nearby.
- Dumont Dunes is where they filmed the original Star Wars movie (they stood in for Tatooine). This massive dune field is about 2 hours to the south, but you have to pay to get in, and these dunes are crawling with rednecks razzing around on loud, smelly “toys.” It’s a fun place to hang out, but not very good for shooting.
- For an insane assortment of farther-out locations I have shot at, click here.
- If you want to shoot outdoors but stay in the Vegas city limits, options are limited. We don’t really have any cool parks, and the Strip is choked with drunken idiots and Looky-Lous 24/7, making shooting nearly impossible. There is an area of open desert in Sunset Park which is minimally scenic, but overall it’s worth the 30 minute drive to get outside of town into the real desert if you want to shoot outside.
- As far as shooting on the Strip itself…I do have a few tricks for getting the lights of the Strip in the background of nude photos. This one was shot on the roof of the Treasure Island parking garage, run-and-gun style.
Overall, you can get AMAZING shots in the desert around Vegas…you just have to know where to go. And you need the kind of model who will help you get there!
Or, if you found this information useful but don’t want to hire me… consider donating to my PayPal tip jar 🙂
Incoming search terms:
- wonderhussy model mayhem
- nude models for hire
- nude model portfolios
- model mayhem nudes
- nude model portfolio
- sand nude Photography
- ruins nude Photography
- nude models portfolios
- party-models info
- meghan mayhem nude
Just wanted to throw out a blurb to anyone considering “Wonderhussy” as a potential anything, that she is one of the most sincere and genuine people I know. She treats *everyone* with high respects and is a total blast to hang with. She will no doubt go out of her way to help people get what they are after, and ask for little in return.
She did not ask me to write this, but good people deserve to have their horns tooted and Wonderhussy friggn’ rocks!
I can attest to all that was written here. Especially VOF. Beware the evil ranger!
Wonderhussy and Sarah rock! She knows her shit…is a blast to follow or even be around…and shooting in the desert with her is dreamlike thanks to her beauty, creativity, humor and spontaneity! She came up with the fabulous outfit which you see as her main pic @ wonderhussy and I just was lucky enough to be asked to shoot her in it! Hugs, kisses and anything else you can throw her way!!!!
Adding my two cents to the list above! Sarah showed up for our shoot with a huge set of outfit options, fantastic make-up, and much more importantly, an enthusiasm and sincerity that is impossible to fake. She made our shoot easy, comfortable and fun! If you’re in Vegas and are looking for a fantastic model, look no further!
Sarah / Brandi Bottoms / Wonderhussy…
shows up as advertised.. comes with wardrobe…
Charming to talk to.. creative.. and attractive..
Put her in front of the lens and rock on…
Thanks, Ed! You tell ’em!!!!!!!!!!
So . . . I’ve never hired or worked with Sarah. We know one another from the events we’ve worked at and have been at during the same time. I’ve seen her do her thing and I suppose the purose of this “response” post is to let others know she is 100% fun, real and amazing. Again, that’s from being at more than one of the same events she was at and getting to see her do her thing.
Our company works with artists and illustrators, but not models. If it did, we would run, not walk to asking Sarah to be part of one of our projects. She is happy-crazy, and a gift to be near.
Wow, gee Sandor… thanks SO MUCH! 😀
I think Wonderhussy is the person I’d most like to meet when next in Vegas (which happens to be later this week). Not only is she hot, but her Yelp review of the Clark County Detention Center is priceless.
I would absolutely buy her a drink…a meal…whatever, just to be in her exceptional presence!
thanks Tom!! You can bail me out next time I visit that fine establishment!
This is one super lady! I am so honored to have worked with her and I do so look forward to shooting with her again, soon! (the Captain and Coke are awaiting her arrival!)
Thanks, SW! I’m looking forward to shooting again, too! Maybe next week? 🙂
You are simply amazing.
thanks, man! I’m the new Betty Grable!
Hey… just wanted to let you know that your contact page isn’t working… there is just a bit of code there and no form… don’t want you to miss out on any business 😉
If you need any help with it give me a shout.
Thanks for the heads-up! I just went in and fixed it ghetto-style.
Today we celebrated our ninth shoot together, almost exactly 4 years to the day of our first shoot in November of 2008. Heck, she wasn’t even shooting nudes at that time, but I knew that we would be working together many times in the years to come. She is such a professional and class act that I know I will continue to work with her for as long as my camera finger and eye hold out. We’ve published a book (Brandi Bottoms) and several calendars, which I am sure she would love to help you purchase! Show her the respect she has earned and deserves and she will give you one awesome photo shoot.
Aw, gee….thanks Steve 😀
Thanks for all the info,… you really are a beautiful intelligent girl ….Im spending a lot of my time researching the different Fetish material, that people love and if I ever get to Las Vegas , Id hire you just for a contact …thanks
No problem; I aim to please!
This is very helpful to photographers, traveling to Vegas, I been going there for 12+ years and a lot have change. I got this site from Kristy Jessica post in FB. I wish the old run down casino is not fence off. It was a great place to shoot. So, shoot them now, tomorrow might not be longer. Many great places is no longer.
Yeah! You have to strike while the iron is hot!
I worked with Sarah a few days ago. She was on time, dressed as requested and made my job very easy. She knew how to pose and was a total professional. Her personality is awesome!
Thank you, Tim! 🙂
I just happen to come across one video on You Tube of this woman’s outdoor adventures at what use to be Lake Mead. I must admit, I enjoyed watching it. I am a senior and live in British Columbia, Canada.
I started my own You tube channel about 2 years ago called Scenic Hwys. It is basically the same idea but with a lot less interesting material.
Then I went to her web site and discovered she has her own business and a mighty interesting one at that. I wish you all the success and encourage you to keep your very big dog close by. Never know when you might run into a wild animal.
Thank you for visiting! 🙂
I just want to fuck u.
Why would you say that to such a nice woman. Pull your head out and have some respect for her.
I’m not interested in a photo-shoot, but I’m planning on taking a trip along the extraterrestrial highway next summer with my son and GF. I’ve been following your escapades on YouTube and I think you would make an awesome tour guide.
How much would something like that run? You can swear all you want, moon the camo dudes (if you’re so inclined), and show us the cool stuff out in the desert.
Dammit… my post ended up in the wrong place 😀
Do you ever make love on any of your shoots?? You can answer using my email if you like. I love your work and trips to ghost towns. Keep it up sweetheart.
I guess like most I stumbled on to your YouTube blog about your travel adventures and found them enticing, fun and well produced. You’re engaging personality is sincere without any hint of “Hollywood” fakeness. Well done! I’m in the OC and have been a pro photographer for over 35 years and even owned my own magazine MirrorMirror, and when I see a young entrepreneur like yourself I have renewed hope in the next generation. If you feel like it you can view my website http://www.teezzur.com
Thank you so much! Glad you are enjoying…checked out your site; love the pinups!
Sarah WH, You are a bit of an amazing young woman. Your knowledge of the places thereabouts is something. you’re a Wonder hussy I’d be interested in shooting you someday but I live way up when Northern California and was last down the desert 2016 in the spring so I know a lot of those places because I’ve lived in California and gone to the desert all my life was stationed in the Marines down there and neare Elsinore as well as I lived in Southern California all my teenage years we did exchange a email or comment on YouTube so I might be interested someday
right on! You know where to find me if you do get down this way… Northern California is beautiful too, I spend a lot of time up there because my mom lives on the Russian River
I came across a Burning Man video you have on YouTube. After seeing it I was hooked. I have a sister living Henderson, NV, and your videos have given me lots of ideas for day trips when I visit her. Also, aside from your sexiness, I was struck by your intelligence. Four letter words aside, I think you’ve got a great vocabulary, and a way of looking at things unlike most people. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more from you.
Thank you so much for the kind words! I haven’t had time to update my blog for quite some time…I’m focused more on my YouTube channel, where I keep my language clean 🙂 Glad you are enjoying!
Hi Sarah. I just watched Confessions of a Freelance Model and something you said sparked a question in my mind. You mentioned about not wearing underwear to a shoot, which makes perfect sense, but do you ever worry that while climbing and laying on rock formations and abandoned machinery you might get cut or scraped, or injured in some way? I don’t mean for that to sound like doom and gloom, just concerned for your safety.
Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.
Hi Mickey, thanks for your concern and thank you for taking the time to write! Of course I worry about my safety; my body is literally my livelihood and if I injure myself, I will be unable to work and it’s not like I could get any kind of disability or workman’s compensation 🙂 With that in mind, I made sure to get my tetanus shot updated, and I try to be careful when I am climbing on stuff. So far, so good 🙂
wow! doppleganger or twin of a famous Broadway show girl EVELYN NESBITT and there was a fight over her 100 years ago termed TRIAL OF CENTURY she was biggest box office star in her day both men cancelled each other out but in its day wow! and you are wow keep up good fight gorgeous you are a boom for tourism in that area GOOD LUCK!!!!
Oh wow! How have I never heard of this fascinating woman?!?! Going to read up on her now….thank you for your kind words!!! <3
Happy Holidays! I wish you the very best in the coming year. I’m looking forward to more fun stuff from you in 2018.
Thank you so much! 🙂
I have seen your pictures on your website
Your beauty is mesmerising. You look absolutely stunning as if a princess from a fairy tale.
You are bold and beautiful.
Wow, thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate them 🙂
Happy New year!!
[…] natural light. You can’t see much of the Strip from down there, though. The Artisan is a fun, super-ultra-funky boutique hotel… but in my experience, the lobby … Read more […]
wow,everything about you is right on,
p.s. ill take ya to sturgis 😉
Thanks! I went there once….I worked as a shot girl at the Knuckle Saloon. It was BLAST and I made good money! But unfortunately the owner only hires local women anymore…so no more Sturgis for me 🙁
Hi I watched your video of shaving armpits. and at the last moment of the video you said that anyone interested to buy that hairs. I am interested to purchase your armpit hairs.
Love your cupcakes and bald eagle so nice can’t wait to get out there..my bet is you my dear !!! ****
Would you like to hang out with me and wife for invitation?
We are in love with you video adventure.
We are korean couple and want to play with you in outdoors for guide and companionship and we take you good korean place in vegas for dinner too! We pay $500 tour rate and take picture together with clothes on lol!
We are visit las vegas in december!
I came across your YouTube channel and gave you a like thumbs up long before I came across any of the other stuff you do which is still great and I still give you the same thumbs up I still like what you do on your YouTube channel and I certainly enjoy your personality on your Channel
Very beautiful lady, couldn’t help but think on the outdoor shoot sand’s a bitch lol
If you ever make it to the fingerlakes area in NY we have some pretty spots as
Thanks, I’d love to explore that area sometime!
Love that sexy body..
Watching you walk at high speed at any location is cute,funny,just brings a smile to my face. You have a very unique bounce/hop move. Thanks kurt
Haha somebody told me I waddle
She is AMAZING! I love to look at her photos when I need a pick me up. Plus she’s suck an outdoors woman! Great work Wonderhussy! ❤️
Thank you! I’m just doing the best I can!
Hi wonderhussy. I’m from Canada. I see your video blogs on YouTube all the time. You are so beautiful. I especially love your nude videos. I’ve messaged you before. How does someone keep in contact with you.
As I was scrolling through the posts on you tube saw one of yours and wondered what the heck is wonderhussy. So i thought i’d give it a look. The one I looked at was of you describing the two differences of Las Vegas and as I watched I caught a glimpse of your amazing underarm hair and found myself pleasantly arising. Then I also noticed in another post how much beautiful hair you have on your head and it reminded me of some lyrics from a song by GUNS N ROSES called Sweet Child Of Mine, which are: her hair reminds me of a warm safe place where as a child i’d hide and pray for the thunder and the rain to quietly pass me by, wooooo sweet child of mine. But the most informative one, at least for me, was the one where you gave an accounting of your life. In my opinion you are not only very good looking but also very intelligent with a wonderful vocabulary and a delightful way with your words. Keep up the good work and maybe one day i might get lucky enough to meet you. I love watching all of your vides on you tube.
Haha, now I’ll never listen to that song the same way again! Glad you appreciate.. and thank you for your kind words!
I saw how you were in The San Luis Valley. Next time you come to this part of Colorado, you’ve got to contact us. Dinner and Lunch are ON US.
Very kind of you! I loved your part of colorado.. so beautiful!
Wanted to fine your site to order gummies from you. The sleep ones.
The website is Wonderhussygummies.com… it was having a hard time earlier today because too many people were trying to go there, and it crashed. I think they have fixed it now, though!
Hi Wonderhussy, To back up all your stuff on your YouTube Account like your Videos. You should create account on Rumble and then you load your Video content on Rumble they don’t censor your content like the creative killing communist regime at Alphabet/YouTube if they ever place you in YouTube Jail again (I hope not) I’m not suggesting that you advertise your beans on Rumble, it’s up to you. Rumble does not “micro manage” their Creators you are a talented and resourceful girl you will be able to monetize and maybe expand your channel on Rumble along with your current YouTube channel and your plans to update your Website Blog. you should be able to reach more folks looking for helpful information not usually available at gas stations on the way to any of many places you have Visited and previewed thank you and we all appreciate your content. Here is a link https://rumble.com
You can email me if you have any questions. Take Care, Alan
Thank you! I checked out Rumble for about 30 seconds and my head almost exploded. Seems like everyone is YELLING AT EACH OTHER about everything…I couldn’t handle the anger! It’s not really a good fit for my content, but I’ll find another platform to host certain videos that aren’t OK for YouTube. Maybe Odysee.